|To search for messages, click Search, set the search criteria and
then choose the folder(s). To select multiple folders, press and hold Ctrl and then
select your folders using the left mouse button.
If you have filled in more than one field, then WebMail will search using the AND rule,
e.g. if you fill in 'firstname.lastname@example.org' in the 'From' field and the word 'jelly' in the
Subject field, then the search function will search and display messages received from
email@example.com that have the word 'jelly' in the Subject.
- From - You can search by the sender's full email address, part of their email
address, the nickname or full name of those in your address book.
- Subject - You can search based on any text in the subject of the message.
- Message Body - You can search based on any text in the message.
- To - You can search by the recipient's full email address, part of their
email address, the nickname or full name of those in your address book.
* represents more than one character, e.g. if you would like to
search for all messages that have originated from @domain.com, just type in *@domain.com in the
From field. This will return all of the messages that have been received from @domain.com
? represents a single character, e.g. if you would like to
search for a message with the Subject jelly but was not sure if jelly ended with a 'y' or an 'i',
just type jell?.in the 'Subject' field and it will return the message or messages that have jelly
as the Subject. However this will also include messages that have jello as the Subject.
Please note that the search function is not case sensitive, e.g. searching for jelly
will also find JELLY or Jelly and cannot search through attachments.